Please note that any comment that is best suited to be addressed by law enforcement, an attorney, or regulatory agency will be deleted.
Do not post a comment in any Atlas Guides product which:
- is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, deceptive, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, derogatory, or otherwise objectionable
- is spam (including signing comments with a social media account name, YouTube channel, etc.)
- is not allowed to be made publicly by law or another agreement
- violates someone else’s intellectual property
- impersonates someone else
- falsely affiliates yourself with another person or organization
- is a computer hack or tool
- exploits Atlas Guides’ services (examples include, but are not limited to: advertisements; irrelevant information; derogatory, unfairly critical or mean-spirited comments in a business waypoint that directs users to a competing business or encourages users to not visit a competing business)
- causes damage to Atlas Guides or our employees
- violates any law
If you do post such a comment, we have the right to remove the comment. It is in our discretion whether to remove or keep any comment.
In short, just be reasonable, ok? The hiking community is a nice place and we want to keep it that way.
Responsibility for Content
(b) You acknowledge and agree that Atlas Guides has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, Your Content and User Content), although Atlas Guides reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing sentence, Atlas Guides shall have in its sole discretion, the right to remove any Content that violates the TOU or that it deems objectionable at any time.
In connection with your access to or use of the Service, you shall not:
(a) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that: (i) is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, deceptive, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable (as determined in Atlas Guides’ sole discretion); (ii) may not be made available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as confidential or proprietary information learned as part of an employment relationship or under a non-disclosure agreement); (iii) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party; (iv) consists of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, commercial electronic messages, or any other form of solicitation; (v) contains software viruses or any other code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software or hardware; or (vi) consists of information that you know or have reason to know is false or inaccurate.
(b) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Atlas Guides personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
(c) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
(d) act in a manner that negatively affects the ability of other users to access or use the Service;
(e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately heavy load on the Service or its infrastructure;
(f) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
(g) use spiders, crawlers, robots, scrapers, automated tools, or any other similar means to access the Service or substantially download, reproduce or archive any portion of the Service;
(h) sell, share, transfer, trade, loan, or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Service, including, but not limited to, your user account and password;
(i) causes damage to Atlas Guides’ business, reputation, employees, facilities, or to any other person or legal entity; or
(j) violate any applicable local, state, provincial, federal or international law or regulation.